Friday, August 22, 2008

Restfull Friday

It's hard to remember Tuesday when the week was creeping by. Now it's Friday again. I went to exercise class but then came home. I read the newspapers, something I had quit doing for some reason. For lunch we had a dish I fixed last night and even Dad liked. It consisted of turkey sausage, stewed tomatoes, an onion, frozen green peas, thawed, and a ramine chicken soup noodles. Everything is mixed up in the skillet after the onion and sausage have cooked. It tastes good and is very easy to fix. Today, I cooked some cornbread on top of the stove. It was only yellow corn meal without any flour so it was a bit heavy, but who cares, it was corn bread! My mother used to cook it in a skillet on top of the stove, like a giant pancake. She would use bacon grease and it made the edges so crisp and flavorful.Yum-m-m-m! I ate far too much of it, but it was so good I didn't want to stop eating.

Dad is still working with his computer trying to get Windows set up on a Mac. That way he can use PAF, the personal ancestral file. I might have him put it on my Mac. I'm sleepy. I just may take a nap

No comments: