Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Hurricane Gustav came ashore today and hit New Orleans. The levies held so the damage wasn't as bad as it was with hurricane Katrina. The storm even got Baton Rouge. Maybe we'll get some rain from this storm. There's two more hurricanes out in the Atlantic that will probably hit the Carolinas.

The Republican Convention was scheduled to start today but the hurricane kept them from going through with their plans. They will just have a shorter convention and it will be better!

Went to Walmart and got Dad some cereal he was out of and got him another pair of lounge pants. We'll have to go through his drawers and make room for one more pair of pants. I got some padded hangers for some tops I have that have to be line dried. I washed the tops with a skirt and top that said to "hand wash", but they did alright and are being "line dried" now.

I cooked a pot to 15 bean soup today. I seem to get sleepy when I cook beans, so I took a short nap. I added extra water to the pot so I wouldn't wake up the the smell of beans burning in the pan. They turned out pretty tasty. They would have been outstanding with some onions and sour cream, but I didn't have any. Plus some hot corn bread, yum-m-m-m!

2 comments:

the Villamor's said...

i was going to comment on something specifically that your wrote in this post but now I can't remember! ha! not too suprising!

i have done 4 loads of laundry since we got home around 4pm today. That was my favorite part about coming home....being able to wash our sweaty clothes! we had a fabulous time this weekend and now we are back to the grindstone. luckily I get to teach preschool so i don't mind coming home. Speaking of preschool i better get back to my preparations!

The Walker Family said...

You probably got sleepy by watching the beans cook! I dod have a recipe for black bean soup and Cay let me borrow a book with lots of yummy-looking bean meals that I hope to cook soon! I love you, TJ
ps-carhartt is asleep in my arms as I type this! he is so spoiled!