Saturday, August 20, 2011

That Special Day Again

Like the Primary song, "Saturday Is A Special Day", it's the day we get ready for Sunday.

Our grass got cut today. It needs to be raked badly, but I am too old and tired to do that in this heat. It (the grass) doesn't look that good with all the brown cut grass lying on top of it. Gone are the days when I would get on the mower and mow the grass. I would keep it cut so it wouldn't get so long that I needed to rake it up. We have 2-3 acres to mow and I just got too old to do it by myself. I loved doing it, though.

I've already vacuumed the floors and have no laundry to do, so here I sit at the computer. Frank is doing okay today. If I asked him, he might say something is bothering him, so I won't ask!

I sent my Vermont Teddy Bear back to the teddy bear hospital to get it's broken hip fixed. It came home today. They asked for a name and I said "Moo Baby" for it is a black and white bear. They probably got a chuckle at a 68 year old woman having a teddy bear named Moo Baby. We have two mail carriers, one who comes normally and one who substitutes. The one who brought the bear came up to the door with the packages but left mail in the box outside. Our regular mail carrier gives us all the mail when she comes to the door. I have to go out to the box to get the rest of the mail!


No comments: