Monday, August 1, 2011

Another Week

Saw Mary Lou at Curves and she said that we haven't had rain in 4 weeks! She said her garden is all dried up. That's a shame for tomato plants will bear 'til frost if they get enough water. I guess her garden was too big to water by hand.

I enjoyed Curves and had a good chair exercise class at the Senior Center. I came home and had to cook for we had eaten all of the food. I cook about once a week and then we eat on this food until it is gone.

It is still very hot and dry. The grass is still growing and we have to have it cut once a week. It seems to like the hot weather. The paper said that we would be having three digit temperatures in August. I guess July and August are our hottest months. We should see some cooling down in September.

I'll check on the cats tomorrow. The Decker's will be home Saturday. The cats aren't usually very friendly but they have missed their family so much that one of them, Shadow, jumps into my lap and wants attention and leaves long cat hair all over me. Pumpkin isn't that affectionate but he does let me pet him. The two little dogs on the front porch still bark at me when I drive up. I guess the person who feeds the other animals takes care of them. These duties will soon be over.

No comments: