Thursday, August 4, 2011

104.6?

Yes, it did get hotter than 102 degrees yesterday. It's not going to get quite that hot today but the humidity is very high so the high 90's will feel hotter.

We finally got the rain we needed last night. We had thunder that rolled. It sounded really neat! We got over 2" of rain. We could have some more tonight but we'll see. The electricity was off last night and came on at 7 AM. I woke up last night and was hot and then realized the fan was off and knew the lights were out.

We tried to put the transmission fluid in my car today but needed a long funnel. After being out in the heat, we decided I could go by Express Oil and get them to put it in. I had just had my oil changed and they told me that the transmission fluid was low. I called them and they said they would be glad to top it off. I stopped by a parts place and bought a long funnel for the next time we need transmission fluid. Express oil didn't carry Honda transmission fluid because it cost too much. I bought some for $8.00. Maybe other brands cost less. Express Oil said they didn't even carry Honda fluid. We have enough of another fill up if it gets low.

The old Honda got some water in the trunk again and I parked it on a hill to help it drain out. Frank will have to call a place to see if they can fix a few things on it. The windshield washer doesn't work and I miss that, and we probably need a new gasket for the trunk.

No comments: