Thursday, August 25, 2011

Adventure

Today was temple day. I washed some clothes and ran to the drug store for Frank and got ready to go at 3:00 PM. We were about 33 odd miles from Birmingham when we had what we thought was a flat tire.  Karen and I, were in her van and we pulled off the road into some grass and got out to look. The tires looked okay, so we got back on the highway. The van still vibrated a lot so we got off at the next exit. We were at the Hanceville exit which is right past the Jasper exit.

We stopped at a truck stop and looked at the tires again and found the rear passenger tire's tread was separating from the tire. Karen wanted to call someone from home to come rescue us, but I said all we needed was someone to fix our tire for us. We walked into the truck stop and told them of our predicament and they told us to go to the last building on the lot and someone there could help us. It was a truck washing place and we told a young man of our plight and he said he could help us. After he finished changing the tire, he told us to settle up with his boss. We told the boss what he had done for us and he said give him $5.00. I gave him $20.00. The young man said he didn't need anything, but I told him to take it and he did. He was very nice.

During the tire  change I called Frank and got the number for the temple and called them to say that Karen wouldn't be there to work for we had had a flat tire. We couldn't drive 70 mph home so we drove 50 mph all the way home. We arrived safely. I was glad that I was with Karen so I could help her through the "adventure".

No comments: