Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Between Storms

It rained 2 1/2" yesterday and we have storms predicted for this afternoon. I took my umbrella to Karen's house for scripture study for I believed the weatherman! It didn't rain while I was there, but we have the rest of the day. The storms have lots of lightning and rolling thunder. A church of God on the road that I travel to church was hit by lightning and burned to the ground last week or two. It was the 4th church to be destroyed because of lightning or the tornadoes that passed through here in April. We're not promised tomorrow!

I got all of my knit shirts folded and in the new sweater keeper. My closet looks nicer and does have more room. In a few months, I'll have to take the summer clothes down to the basement and exchange them for the winter clothes that are down there now. One thing about this house-it may look small, but I've always had enough closet space for clothes. I could use more space for linens and things but I can live with what I have. 

Around 3 Pm, I got so hungry that I ate 2 fiber bars. I'll be sorry after supper! Sadie liked the black shrug I gave her. It had a grey flower on the left shoulder. It was pretty, but I didn't like it on me. The price of it was reduced to $9.00 and I had a $5.00 off coupon, so it only cost me $4.00!

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

hey! i wanted that shrug! just kidding...i will get it from her when she is tired of it!