Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Shopping Day

After exercise class I went to Walmart and got new bathroom things for the downstairs bath.
The new shower curtain is a light color with palm trees on it. The bathmat is white in the middle with a dark green border and a palm tree. I bought the toothbrush holder in the shape of a palm tree-dark brown with green leaves on the top. I got the glass and soap holder too. I also got 4 new light green towels and a top cover for the toilet and some little palm trees to hold the shower curtain in place. It was a pricey purchase but it's time I did something with that bath. I do have visitors and it looked so bad before. It needs more light but I don't know what to do about that. I also bought some dried beans and two jars of peanut butter.

After Walmart, I got a new muffler put on the Accord and then I went by the pharmacy to get an Rx for Dad. The car is in good shape now. I was afraid the muffler might put CO in the inside of the car and that would be bad for the birds. I have an appointment in a week to take them in for trims. I've been waiting for Gertie to get more tame so I could put him in his carrier so all of their nails have gotten longer and Rikki's beak is very overgrown. Maybe Dr. Jan can tell me the best way I can get Gert to see her for his nails are long, too. We can keep his wing feathers cut but he's too active to get his nail cut at home.

Frankie and his family are coming for a visit this Saturday. They'll stop by the Nashville Temple before they come. Rachel's mother is driving down to watch the kids and then she will probably stay there with friends. They'll only be 1 1/2 hours away from us at Nashville. I swept downstairs today when I decorated the bathroom. There's a cot mattress on the floor left over for when Trudy and the kids stayed with us and I have two blow up air mattresses if needed. The other double bed is crowded with food storage but the bed can be cleared for sleep.

It would be nice to decorate Frankie's old bedroom. I could buy a spread and then make curtains for the windows since they are a weird size. And I could get a nice size rug to go in there. Hey! All this shopping makes me feel good and I haven't spent a penny!

No comments: