Thursday, October 2, 2008

"I" Day

I got to the Dr's office at 8:00 AM. I had to wait 20 min. and began to get restless. By the time I was ready to bolt from my chair, there she was, calling my name. We passed the weigh in scales, probably no time for that...She showed me to a room, a cold room and I sat there and waited. Beads of sweat began forming on my forehead as I waited. Then, she appeared carrying a small black bag. As she unzipped the black bag, I noticed she had dimmed the lights, and locked the door. Then, right before my eyes, she drew out the dose pin with the needle shinning in the dark. I was about to ask a question when she leaped at me, got me in a head lock and wrestled me to the floor, pulled up my shirt to reveal my flabby flesh thighs and before I could break the head lock, I felt it. The pressure of the needle and pen against my left thigh. It was too late to squirm now, it was over. The medicine coursed through my body as I lay limp and dazed on the office room floor. She said in a matter of fact voice, " Oh, you chicken, get off the floor". I obediently did as I was told and she showed me how to use the pen. She said I didn't have to waller around on the floor to inject myself, to just sit quietly on a chair. Soon, the visit was over and the door was unlocked and I scurried away like a bat in dry leaves. I had almost forgotten the ordeal until I got home and noticed a small, red rash on my left thigh. The came the flash backs of the attack and all the ugly details...

2 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

YOu need to do some feelance writing, because you had me at "she dimmed the light..." I can just see your evil grin right now as you leaned over to begin typing! How could I have not seen this coming?

the Villamor's said...

Was Trudy signed into your account and left that comment? Or are you leaving your own comments?;)

I could picture the whole ordeal! Too funny!