Friday, October 24, 2008

Half and Half Again

That's funny that I already had a title called "half and half"! Half my day was serene and half was busy. I took Rosko and Rikki to the vet in Hartselle, about40 min. from here. The Dr. was behind so she had the birds in the back for a trim while I sat in the waiting room. All the birds were healthy but Rikki is too fat. That's bad because that can cause fatty liver disease. We need to take her back to Dr. Jan for a blood test to check to see if she has FLD (fatty liver disease). We've been feeding the birds too many treats and Rikki is the most inactive of the three. Dr. Jan said it was like us eating a pecan pie every day. Mama Mia! That would be a few pounds in no time, and I don't even like pecan pie!

Frank is fighting a chest infection. He's taking medicine for it. We see Dr. Morgan at 11:00 AM Monday and see what the options are. Life will be on hold after that until we know what to do. I think my feeling bad was a minor sinus infection. My right eye has been crying for two days. It's madding to be in a store and have a tear running down my cheek! I hope it gets better on it's own.

The weather has been rainy with the temps in the 60's. Nice. We got 1.2" of rain but I think we are still low for the year.

Trudy's operation is Monday. I guess George will take off work to take her to the hospital. I hope she gets to stay in the hospital for two days at least.

If Frank has to have an operation, Mary Kate will come home for it. She was wanting to know when to come-while he's in the hospital or when he comes home. I think during the operation would be best. I will have to come home to take care of the birds at night. I thought she could spend the night with Trudy or she could come home with me and go back the next day. I would like that. Company is better than no company!

2 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

yes, I would ratherhave company than none too, for the most part. When I'm asleep, then leave me alone! I hope she does get to come up to help. I'm playing on my blog and will take a nap shortly. I love you@ This will show up as a post by you mom , becuase I am logged in under your account. Dod you like the new blinkie i got for you> I do@ TJ

TheVillamorFamily said...

No i won't spend the night with TJ(although I would love to but that will wait for another time!!) This visit is ALL ABOUT GRANNY and making sure she is taken care of so when Grampie comes home you will be mentally. physically. and emotionally able to care for him...because in my opinion that is going to be the hardest! I sure wish my babies were younger and not in school so we could just up and come and stay as long as we needed! But alas that is not the case! Thank goodness for the Relief Society and TV dinners!

I was just thinking Daddy will most likely still be recouperating when we are all there for Thanksgiving?!