Wednesday, October 8, 2008

After the Party Is Over

It was nice having Trudy, Sadie and Forrest with us for two days. I'm glad they like to hang out at Granny's and Grampie's house. We surely love them, and all our children to visit with us!

Today, we just slept in. I wanted to go to exercise class, but I got up at 7:30 AM and Dad was sick this morning and I only had 30 minutes to get ready and get there and that's not enough time so I went back to bed to rest a while longer. I had to run to the store for milk. The kids drank an entire gallon of milk in two days! We have a Dollar General store 1 mile from the house and it's convenient to stop there.

Frank got to feeling better before they left and was getting the bird cages cleaned. The kids really like to watch the birds get out of their cages and play around and vocalize . Rosko rides around on Dad's shoulder and gets to be king of the hill for a few minutes. He's the smallest of all three of the birds. Rikki, the Yellow Nape, wouldn't hurt Rosko, but Gert, the Yellow Collar macaw likes to be king of the hill and he would go after Rikki, who is the largest bird. Gert wants to be the only bird on the hill!

"Close"in the last post should have been "clothes". It rained last night and we got 1 1/2 ". The world was dusty and needed a rain to wash it off. I know my car did!

The trees are starting to turn color. The Sweet Gums have green and orange leaves on them. The little Maple tree in front of the kitchen window is just thinking of changing. Bro. Decker said he would come over and cut some branches off the Maple tree that are hanging down to the ground. I used to be able to do that work myself but my knees won't let me now. Gr-r-r-r! Growing old is not for sissies!

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

We sure did have a great time with you and Grampie Forrest and Sadie love spending time with you both. Let's make this a tradition. We'll spend a couple of days during fall and spring break.