Thursday, October 23, 2008

Busy Day #2

I had to stay up today so I could go to Lowe's to get the storm doors. Actually, I didn't "get" the storm doors but paid for them and arranged to have them delivered and installed. The man said the deterioration of the doors was caused by water getting inside the door and swelling and then puncturing the metal. I had a termite salesman tell me that termites had done it! You really have to strain the stuff you hear or read.

Then, I went to Walmart for some envelopes and lip balm and then to Herbs 'N More to get Dad some herbs "N stuff. Isn't "stuff" a neat word? It covers a multitude of "things"! I used the word "portend" in a letter I wrote today, so my vocabulary can go from "things 'N stuff" to other words. That word just popped into my mind, who knows from where. I actually may be smart underneath all the dumb!

I still feel like I'm catching a cold or something. My injection says it can cause a scratchy throat, but I've been taking it long enough that I would have thought it would have happened as soon a I began taking the drug. Only the Shadow knows!

The big Sweet Gum tree beside the road is shedding it's leaves all over the road and the drainage ditch. Last year, I didn't rake the leaves up and the ditch didn't drain properly. So, when the tree gets through shedding, I'll rake the leaves out of the ditch and burn them. Hey, I might even burn them in the ditch!

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

YOu have always had a great vocbulary. I'll never forget when I fist started teaching. I heard words I couldn't pronounce, but after a year or two, I was using them with no problem. EVery profession has their own set of vocabulary words. I prefer to stick with easy words that cover many different things, like "stuff"!