Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Very Full Day!

We left home at 9:00 AM and went to the base to get my card up-dated. Frank's never expires because he was in the Navy. Mine is good for 4 yrs. We even got a decal. What it allows me to do, I don't know yet. Trudy wants to go to the commissary Friday. I'm so tired from today, I hate to think of going again! After the base, we went to the Pain Clinic and got dad's prescriptions and then to Dr. Phillips for a visit. We ate at Wendy's, or we ate Wendy's hamburgers in the car and then stopped be GiggaBites on the way home. Then we went by the pharmacy, and then down to the barn to feed Danny Boy and the two cats and finally home! It's taken several hours to relax.

This morning my sister-in-law , Ruth called to tell me my nephew's 5 yr. old daughter died. They were getting ready to drive to Louisville, MS to be with the family. They, my nephew's family, were in the emergency room when she passed away. They took an x-ray and found that her heart was enlarged. Lynn, the mother, has her parents who live near by and lots of other relatives. My nephew, Bill, has his dad, my brother, and sister-in-law, a brother, Jim, and his wife, and a sister Kate. I don't believe I'll be able to make it to the funeral. The funeral was to be Fri., but there's only one funeral home in town and they already had two funerals for Fri., so they are having it Sat. at 10:00 AM. Ruth said I wouldn't get to see my nephew much, with all the family there, and I decided not to go. Maybe I will see Bill and Lynn and Will when they come to see my brother. The two children were named, Will and Grace, and now Grace is gone. What a hole that will leave in that family.

2 comments:

the Villamor's said...

Wow that is so sad! Get their address so we can send a card or something. How awful!

The Walker Family said...

Yes, please get the address. The first thought that came to my mind is that the Lord took her out of this evil world. We need to let Bill and Lynn know that. I can't wait to go to the case sale tomorrow!