Monday, May 19, 2008

Nails Are Gone

I went to exercise class today. My body was saying "no!" the entire time but I was there and had to move, which was good. I could have this same class 4-5 times a week if I wanted to travel to the East Limestone annex. Maybe someday. It's making up my mind that's the hard thing.

After class, I went to Wal-mart to buy a few groceries. Then, I went to the nail place and had my acrylic nails taken off. It wasn't too painful, but he did take a big chunk of flesh out of my left thumb! He used a long nail to get up under the acrylic part and dragged it along until the acrylic popped off. I have ugly, weak little nubs now. I like it, though. I was tired of the up keep of the nails. Maybe someday I might get them again, maybe not!

Frank had fevers last night, so doesn't feel too well. We go to H'ville tomorrow for a Dr. appointment and we're going to stop by a special shoe store and see if dad can get some comfortable shoes. His arthritis has caused all the fat pads on the bottom of his feet to disappear and it's painful for him to walk or stand. He's ordered numerous pair of shoes from Mason's mail order shoe Co., but somethings always wrong with them and we have to send them back. You just about have to try on shoes to see if they fit before you buy.

2 comments:

the Villamor's said...

ouch! I wondered how they get those nails off!

Glad you went to exercise class....your body will thank you:)

Hope Dad can get a new pair of shoes that feel good. Stuff some rolls of Charmain in there....remember those commercials?

almost done with my floor. very frustrating night last night and I couldn't work anymore. Just had to go to bed and I got up at 5:15 but can't work on the floor as I would wake the neighborhood with the cutting and mixing....but i can try to tame the mess in the house. That is what is getting to me I think. Plus they stacked my washer/dryer yesterday but we need a longer dryer cord so once again I can't wash clothes. sigh. this will all be over soon I guess.

Hey...but my spin class went so well! I got high marks from the manager! Just praying the assessor who watches my video gives me a passing grade so i won't have to do the video again!

The Walker Family said...

Glad to hear you are getting to your exercising classes. You feel much better afterwards than you do deciding to go. Opposition in all things, even in exercising! So sorry to hear that dad is in pain. I wished something woudl eat up my fat layers in my waist and butt! That would be nice! I love you!