Thursday, May 29, 2008

Studying For Sunday

I had a Dr. appointment in H'ville so Trudy met me at the Drs. office and picked Forrest up. We had such a good time with him here.

Last Sunday was the first time I taught my Primary Class. I have the 5-6 year olds. It was an eye opener! Children are very different than they were years ago. They are more lively than I ever remember. I think I was in shock during and after my class! One little boy is hyper X's three. I had the lesson well prepared and didn't use my book but I still ran out of time. Trudy brought me over some Friend magazines and I will be prepared to read them stories after my lesson is over. I have a review game to play Sun. and some activity games for them and I will review the lesson from last week. Hopefully, that will take some of the time up. I have the 4 children for 50 minutes. We might walk around the church building again this week if I have too much time left over. I have never taught such young children before. I can love them and always be there to teach them, but only the Spirit can teach these little ones. I'll spend most of tomorrow and Sat. learning my lesson and tying up loose ends. I hope it gets easier as I go along, 'cause it's a bit nerve wracking now!

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

Wow....that would be nerve-racking for me too! 50 minutes seems like too long....I was thinking class was only supposed to be 40minutes??? Did you do coloring pages? Always have crayons handy and ask them to draw a picture of what they learned to tell their parents.

If this gets to be too much maybe you can ask for the older classes. At least they would not be as hyper and their lessons are more like Sunday School-they go along with a book of scripture. Sophia's class is on the Book of Mormon this year. She has us read the chapters that they will be studying for the next week in our family reading. I like how she remembers and wants to study for her class.

I am glad you have a calling again Mama!