Monday, May 12, 2008

Good Monday

I woke up at 4:00 AM but didn't get up until 5:00 AM. There's a good talk show on from 5:00 'til I don't know when. It has such a good spirit about it and then at 6:00 AM the local guy comes on and the nice spirit leaves. The local guy is okay but he's a bit negative, I think.

The exercise class was good. I took an afternoon nap to make up for getting up so early. I made some V.T. appointments for Thursday and need to call one more sister tomorrow and see if we can come visit her.

Tomorrow, dad and I will go to the base to get my or our government cards renewed and after that, he has a Dr. appointment with Dr. Phillips. It will be a long day for him but I know he must like to get out of the house sometimes even though he hurts more afterwards.

Sorry about all the mess in your house, Mary Kate. Poor Cricket. When dogs get old, sometimes they loose control of their faculties. The house should smell better since the rug is gone. Now, you have some hard work ahead of you, doing the painting and the floors. Dad and I have done our share of things like that. Trudy and George will be doing some work on their house soon. It's good to be young!

Recipe for self-rising flour when all you have is all purpose flour. Take 1 cup of all purpose flour and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of table salt. Some recipes can use self-rising flour if you don't have all purpose flour, just don't add the salt and baking powder. The first time I ever made a loaf of homemade white bread, I used self-rising flour and then added the salt and baking powder! It was a beautiful loaf of bread, but it was too salty to eat!

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

Bythe way, I love the local guy on the radio. Dale Jackson is awesome! He tells it like it is! I can't wait for you to get your ID renewed. THe case lot sale is Wed-Saturda. WE must go!