Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tuesday Exercise

I got to go to the Round Island exercise group today and it was a joy. We meet in the church gym and we walk around the gym 2-4 times during the exercise time and we do harder exercises than at the senior center. We also don't sit as much. I need the challenge of doing more. Plus, the ladies and one gentleman that go there are very nice. There is one lady that is 4'10" too. I told her about the Land's End jeans that you can buy with a 25 1/2" inseam. I don't have to take up my jeans anymore.

I came home and after lunch snoozed in the recliner. Talked to Frankie a long time last night. He and the little kids will come down Saturday some time and leave Sunday. I bought some cookie dough cookies from Mariam and they have come in and she wants to deliver them to me. I should have just given her some money and not ordered anything. It's a 4 hour trip for them one way.

Mary Kate and Nate will be here Friday night at 9 PM. Trudy is spending the night, too and we plan to go shopping at Value Village on Saturday. Trudy can't do much shopping because of her back but we can do some. We'll stop at Khol's and I have a 30% off coupon. I don't need anything but you never know what I might get. It's a 4 hour trip for Mary Kate, too. I'm so glad that they want to come home and visit. I want to shop at Sam's. I'm low on food and need to get some for the food room. All I have left is green beans which we don't eat unless I'm out of fresh veggies. I made a pot of goulash using 15 bean soup that I cooked today and 2 pints of hamburger meat that George canned. It turned out alright. I think I like it better using the canned beans but I have many packages of 15 bean soup already and will have to buy the can beans.

The Big Band CD's I ordered came in today. We listened to some of the songs tonight and it was good to hear that kind of music again. They're 4 CD's so we have plenty of music to listen to. I have a Ray Stephens CD on its way any day. We performed many of his songs when Frank was well and played the guitar. Ahab the Arab, Shriner's Convention, and other songs. It's fun to listen to them again and sing along with the music.

No comments: