Tuesday, February 3, 2015

No Teeth

Had a dental appointment this morning in H'ville. I have been having major problems with my denture and my mouth has been hurting for a long while, so I finally said, "Enough!" and made an appointment. I got to see Dr Knight, the father, who made my original denture. I bit through two of them and the one I ended up with was very thick. It gave me problems from day one but I've had it for 10 years and finally gave up on it. I'm having a new upper denture made and he kept my old denture to try and fix it so it would be more comfortable until the new one could be made. I go tomorrow and get it back. I've had to drink my meals and won't be able to eat until tomorrow at noon.

While I'm in H'ville again, I will stop by AB Stephens and pick up a piano book for Trudy. She still wants me to teach her how to play the piano even though she only has a small keyboard to practice on. I don't really know why she wants to learn. She can't become proficient with out a piano and lots of daily practice.

I only went over my calorie count by 208 today. I strive for 1,300 calories each day and most days, it's only been a week, I make it. After I left H'ville today, I stopped in Madison and took my shoes back and swapped them for a pair exactly like I had on. I knew that style fit and was wide enough. It's hard for me to try on shoes in a store, walk about 13 steps and then decide whether they are the right shoe or not. I've never bought two pair of shoes just alike before but I like the color, aqua blue, and the style and the fit. I figured I couldn't go wrong.

I told Frank that I would be back in time for lunch so when I got to Athens, I ran into Walmart and got a rotisserie chicken and a bunch of bananas and then went to Herbs n More to get some protein powder. Had I thought, I probably could have gotten some from Walmart a whole lot cheaper than what I paid at Herbs n More. I rushed on home and got here about 12:05 PM. Frank had chicken and veggies and I had a protein shake with milk and an egg. It kept me satisfied until about 4 PM when I had a couple of graham crackers and a little milk. That's what put me over my calorie count for the day. 

No comments: