Wednesday, February 4, 2015

All Day Appointment

We left for H'ville at 11:00 AM for a 12:00 PM appointment. Dr Knight said that he would need my teeth to send to the lab in order to get the right bite for the new denture but that I could come back to the office later on today day and pick them up. I said OK and called Trudy to see if she was home so we could spend the time at her house. She didn't answer but we decided to go on up anyway. We stopped by a Hardee's and got lunch. Frank got a small hamburger and I got a chocolate shake. Without any teeth, that's all I could eat. We got to Trudy's and the door was unlocked and she was in the bedroom asleep. Well, after I looked in her room, she wasn't asleep anymore and got dressed and came out. We had a very nice visit with her and Sadie came home from working at Chick-fil-le right before we left to go back to the dentist office. Trudy lives in Hazel Green, AL and that's about 30 minutes from the dentist.

When we got to the dentist, they had my teeth and I was able to smile again! I was also able to eat a regular supper too and that was great. My new denture should be ready in about a week.

The milk shake was 700 calories and it put me over my goal of 1,300 calories a day by about 300 calories. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll get back to eating my regular food.

Tomorrow is the day I go to the Family History Center. I got on the FamilySearch.org tonight to see what I needed to do tomorrow and got 5 names we can check. Mary Lou is teaching a cooking class tomorrow at 11:00 AM at the church and I want to go to that, too.

No comments: