Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturday Is A Special Day, It's The Day We Get Ready For Sunday

That's a line in the Primary song book we used to sing when the kids were little.

I vacuumed the floors upstairs and the air filters. I went to the pharmacy and then to Walmart for some fresh veggies. Of course, I got more than veggies but it was things I needed to get. I got exercise by walking in the parking lot at Walmart and walking around the store and vacuuming the floors today.

Frank spent most of the day in his room reading. I did change his bed. It was 64 degrees today and I went to the mailbox in shirt sleeves. I should do some pruning of the butterfly bushes while it is mild and next week, if it is mild, I will do it. I have 3 bushes to prune and that won't be too bad. I'll have to carry the prunings down into the woods since we don't have a burn pile yet. The woods look awful since all of the downed trees from the tornado were pushed down there. It will take years for the green leaves and vines and vegetation to grow and hide all the destruction. We had the view for 34 years. Now we don't go outside and won't see the view.

Thanks for the Valentine card, Kathy. It was so cute and when I saw it was handmade I was amazed! My cards weren't nearly as good.

Looking forward to tomorrow to go to church and take the sacrament and hear the talks and see friends. We have been going out the side door because it is nearest to our car but we miss seeing people. I want to see and speak to people especially since we don't stay for all of the meetings.

The diet is coming okay. I've lost 1 lb. in 2 weeks. I'm staying around 1,300 calories. I've left off a milk and all the bread I was eating plus the Smart Balance spread I was slathering on the bread. I don't miss the bread and the one 8 oz milk. I could drink milk all day, especially with some Nestle's Quick in it.

No comments: