Tuesday, September 23, 2014

To Trudy's House

I carried out all of the food and things for Trudy, put them in the car and we left the house at 9 AM. Had to stop by the PO and send a package back. I got too excited about opening the package instead of looking to see who it was from. I could have put "return to sender" on it but since it opened it, I had to pay $12.65 to send it back. It was some septic tank material that we hadn't ordered. It was in a flat rate box and would have cost me another $8.00 if I had taken the material out and then had to use another box to send it back in.

We had a nice visit with Trudy. Her pain level was manageable and she could get up and move around with her brace on. I took some food and the Relief Society sisters will bring meals every other day for three weeks. That should help her and her family.

We came back home and I called Dr Sharp's office about a medicine I needed and the nurse called the pharmacy and I had that prescription on file and didn't need the Dr to call it in for me. So Frank and I got in the car again to go to the pharmacy. He wanted an ice cream so we stopped by Cream Delite and got a "small" chocolate cone. Frank gobbled his up right away and I still had some when we got home. We had had a piece of the chocolate cake I made for Trudy and the ice cream on top of that probably made his sugar rise. We don't usually go for the sweet stuff but it is nice to have some once and a while.

The Fiddler's Convention is in another week. It's hard to believe it's almost October. Our weather has been in the high 80's with a cool wind-very nice days. Ruth and Bubba and I will meet in Athens and all go to the Fiddler's Convention together. Ruth and I love to walk around to the different venders and buy jewelry, towels, etc. She has a collection of rolling pins and there's two men who make beautiful wooden pieces that we always like to visit. Of course there's the music. We usually don't stay long for the music. I'll have to see if the sitter can come at 12 PM and stay 'til 6 PM. That should give me enough time for everything.

No comments: