Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday

We slept in and I was showered and ready to go by 11 AM but there was no place to go! I got Frank up for lunch and we watched the news during lunch. I meant to work downstairs cleaning and did get the steps swept but instead, stayed upstairs with Frank. Tomorrow, Jennifer is coming at 9:30 AM and I will do some shopping. I've got a long list of things to get at the grocery store. I need to stop by Staples and get some invitation envelopes and by Lowe's to see if I can find a lamp shade for a light in the living room. That light has been needing an upgrade for years and I'm ready to do it now.

I have a 30% off coupon for Khol's and I will probably spend some money there. I have to stop by the bank and have them help me with the check book. I do the bills online and my balance and the bank balance is off quite a bit. I need to find out why. I try to keep the check book in order and most of the time I'm just a few dollars off.

We're having very nice weather-in the mid 80's and not much humidity. I guess. I don't go out much and the times I do I'm in the air conditioned car and then into a store with air conditioning. We'll go to exercise tomorrow and then I'll bring Frank back home and then run my errands. He wants to go but there will be just too much walking around and he would have to sit in the car by himself too long. He could stay by himself but I'm afraid he might fall and I could never forgive myself if I left him along and he fell and I or Jenn weren't there for him.

The seroquil makes him calm and gentle and polite and manageable. I hope as the disease progresses he doesn't get like he was before the seroquil-obstinate, pushy, demanding and uncontrollable. The dementia will flavor the rest of our lives together and will end his eventually. I guess I'll need to live at least another 10 years or more. I don't have any say about that but the Lord being merciful, maybe I'll live long enough to take care of him until he's gone.

No comments: