Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday

Had a good time at Silver Sneakers. Frank is able to do most of the exercises now. One lady said that he was an inspiration to her. She had a hard time getting there but she said if Frank could do it, so could she. You never know who you're being an example to. We went to the bank and then came home.

The pork roast I did in the new crock pot was very good. It was tender and the veggies were just right. Now, to be able to find one for the week-end when Mary Kate and family come. If not in a kit, I can buy a small roast and the veggies to put with it. I think I'll make a blueberry cobbler using Splenda and gluten-free Bisquick. Then Mary Kate and Frank could both eat it. His blood sugar was 108 tonight. I was pleased. We don't take it every night but I still cook the way I do when we got it under control. Occasionally he'll have an ice cream or a piece of cake but that is rarely. I don't bake any because I would eat it and if it's sweet, I can't say no to just one piece. My greatest evil now is diet Pepsi.

I get a lot of catalogs in the mail and I order things from them and then I get more catalogs. I use them for bird papers so they don't go to waste. I've ordered a bed skirt for the queen sized bed downstairs. I bought a new quilt and shams for the bed and the bed skirt will complete the ensemble. There is a single mattress on the floor at the foot of the bed that the kids can sleep on. I used to blow up an air mattress for them, but when I bought Frank his new mattress, we had this one left over. Being so low on the floor, I can't put the mattress cover or sheets on it. Mary Kate will have to do it for me. I also have a new denim jumper that needs taking up. MK can do that too. She will get my fancy sewing machine when I'm gone so she helps me take up things when she's here. I could do it myself, but I don't want too.

Looking forward to Friday and the Fiddler's Convention. Actually, we don't stay for the music much, we go for the crafts and things. Hope Frank will be able to stay the whole time.

No comments: