Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Restful Day

We slept in and lazed around all day. We did go out to the pharmacy to get some meds but other than that, we were in the house.

I ordered 6 new CD collections. Tonight, we listened to the best music of the 50's. Rock Around the Clock was the first song. There were about 10-12 songs on the CD and they were all good songs that we knew. It's fun listening to a CD a night. We're finished around 7 PM and go to our rooms. Frank to watch TV and me to get onto the computer.

I ordered Mary Kate 2, 72 hour food buckets today. I called her and told her the amount. I can't buy her hers because I've had some big purchases or a lot of small purchases lately and it's too early in the month. She said she would get a check in the mail to me.

Trudy said they couldn't afford it right now. She has been in a lot of pain and she said that after the operation the pain management would be worse. While in the hospital, they can give her pain meds through the IV but when she gets home the pain may get worse. The Dr will be working with the Pain Clinic and hopefully they'll find something that will help her. The compassionate service sister and another sister were coming to her house today and hopefully they can provide enough meals for the family after the operation. Mary Kate fixed 2 crock pot meals for her and I have some hamburger soup in the freezer plus she wanted me to make some goulash to bring over. I guess I'll have to take Frank with me when I go over there. It takes about an hour to drive 38 miles. He will enjoy getting out.

I think I will buy a new crock pot at Khol's Friday. I have a 30% off coupon and the 6 qt pots costs $19.99. I need to cook more with the crock pot. I just need to know what to cook. I cooked 2 small Butternut squash in the crock pot and they did well.

No comments: