Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Monday & Tuesday

Monday, we got up at 6:15 AM in order to be in Huntsville by 7:30 AM. We were to meet Trudy at 7:15 at the VA office. She didn't show up because she had set her alarm for PM instead of AM. As it turned out, we didn't need her help. The papers I gave Harley to look at said we had won our settlement so we were out of there in no time. We then stopped at Chick-fil-a to get a drink and drove to Madison to Kohl's to take back some clothes I had bought. I got a new crock pot for $15.00. I had a 30% off coupon. After Kohl's we stopped at the Crafty Behr and looked around. I didn't see any paintings I liked plus they were all $85.00 and I didn't feel like spending that kind of money on a painting that wasn't quite what I wanted. Did get to see Karen's doll clothes she's selling. She does such good work. Makes me wish I played with dolls so I could get them some great clothes.

Tuesday, I swept the floors and did a few chores and tonight some of the Relief Society sisters came for a visit. It was Carol W. and Sophrona W. and Mary Lou H. and Tony S. and Bobby, who is investigating the church. She is a friend of Mary Lou's. We had such a nice visit. Carol said she and her kids would come out for a visit. That's one of the things I miss about going to church-watching the children grow up. Carol's son Jacob brings the sacrament to us on Sundays and we enjoy his visits. He comes with another Aaronic priesthood holder. We surely love our Sunday visits.

We'll go to exercise tomorrow and then by the bank. Our 72 hour buckets came in today. I went out to take a letter to the mailbox and a large package was in front of the door. It weighed over 52 lbs. I had to open it on the ramp because I couldn't get it in the door. Frank and I took a bucket to the Adams next door. They are building a screened in porch onto the side of their house and we sat and talked for a few minutes. It was a nice visit. It's a 4 person 72 hour bucket full of food. Bobby said the man who is going to take care of our downed trees was supposed to come this week but he hasn't showed up yet. Maybe the trees will be taken care of some day.

No comments: