Friday, September 26, 2014

Shopping

We went to exercise and then came home. Jennifer was already here when we got back at 9:30 AM. Frank doesn't want a babysitter anymore so I'll be taking him where I go. This was Jenn's last day until we need her again. I'll call Home Instead and tell them I'll be on a "as needed" basis.


Frank will be going with me to the Fiddler's Convention. I'll carry a lawn chair for him to sit in while Ruth and I walk around the place and see what the people have to sell. I've asked my brother, Bubba, to sit with Frank and keep him company. Frank can walk around some but the walking is on grass and the walker won't work well on it. We'll see what happens. He seems to want to get out and go with me. His arthritis pain has lessened quite a bit and he can sit for long periods of time where he couldn't before.

I went to Kohl's and bought two quilts for the beds. One is like the one I gave Trudy, for my twin bed, and the other one is a full/queen quilt for the bed downstairs. I had a 30% off coupon. It's guaranteed
that I will go and spend money when I get one of those.

I had a long list for groceries but it didn't cost as much as I expected. I got everything on my list. I bought some ground pork for a recipe but didn't get any ground turkey. I think I still have some in the upright freezer.

Mary Kate may be coming up this week-end. It's conference week-end. I usually wear myself out at the Fiddler's Convention and am not too frisky the next day. In fact, it takes me two days to recover from all the walking. I don't get tired while I'm walking but the next day, whew! But it's a tradition in our family that Ruth, my sister-in-law, go and this year we'll have my brother and Frank. It'll be fun.

No comments: