Friday, January 31, 2014

Trudy

I left for Trudy's at 7:15 AM. She had a Dr appointment that she needed me to take her to. It was at 11:00 AM so she, Sadie and I had some time together. Sadie had to leave for work at Chick-fil-le at 10:30. Trudy was walking down the hall when I got there. Before, she wasn't able to walk by herself. She used her walker to get to the car and into the Dr office. She had to move very slowly. The Dr said he would recommend for her to go to Vanderbilt for a second opinion. When we got back to her house, a friend was driving up to visit. They brought Sub Way sandwiches. Trudy isn't eating and is drinking Ensure instead. She has no appetite. One of the reasons she went to the Dr today was she had some blisters on her back and they thought it might be the shingles. The Dr proscribed a medicine that if taken within 24-48 hours would help with the pain of the shingles. I left for home after I got Trudy settled in her bed in the living room. I had brought her egg carton that was on the bed downstairs, and put it on her living room bed. Carhartt, the Dash hound, wanted to lie next to Trudy in the nice comfy, warm bed. He is so cute.

Mary Kate called to see about Trudy. She and the children are coming up the President's Day week-end. 

No comments: