Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Colder

I thought yesterday was cold. It was 7 degrees this morning at 7 AM. I went to exercise anyway. It was cold at the senior center but we warmed up with the exercises. Friday, I will wear more clothes.

I went to Karen's after the senior center. I vacuumed her floors and took out the garbage for her. She has about 3 more weeks in the wheel chair before she can put any weight on her leg. Vacuuming the floors isn't hard. I'll need to do it once a week. I was caught up in my own problems and didn't call or go see her all last week and that was when she had the infection in her incision. I felt bad. A friend in need is a friend indeed. I can't help others in many ways so I need to help out all I can when I can.

My thigh bone, the one that broke after my hip operation is hurting. I talked to the Dr's nurse and she said the bone had healed and didn't really know why it was hurting. It's worse at night after I've walked around a bit.

Trudy is home and set up with a hospital bed, a wheel chair and a walker. Home Health is coming tomorrow to see her and help her decide what to do next. They are talking about going to Vanderbilt in TN. The church is sending in meals and I sent them a check for groceries. She's having a lot of pain in her back. She has medicines for her heart but she wants the operation so she won't have to take pills. I'll take the pills, thank you.

Mary Kate and family had 1-2" of snow in LaGrange, GA. Birmingham and Atlanta were caught off guard with the snow and had a lot of traffic jams and wrecks. The snow missed us but the cold weather didn't. The heat pump has been working over time and the gas stove in the basement has been going, too. It's only 50 odd days 'til Spring but I've see it snow in the middle of March here.

I bet Frankie had snow in Knoxville. I haven't heard from him. I'm just thankful we didn't have any snow here. I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow for the basics.

No comments: