Monday, January 27, 2014

Vet

I had to be in Hartselle at 10 AM to take the birds to the vet. I always leave too early and got there at 9:45 AM. After waiting a while and talking to a lady that came in with a blue fronted Amazon, we got to see Dr Jan. We've been seeing her for at least 24 years. Rosko is 24 years old now. Rikki, Rosko and Gert all had their wings, beaks and nails done. I have to spray them or mist their noses daily. I don't have to drench their feathers, just get some moisture into their sinuses. I have been lax in doing this because I thought I had to get them really wet. As I get older, it's getting hard to carry three bird carriers down to Hartselle for their check-ups. It cost $150.00 just for trims, but Dr Jan makes it worth it. She gives me a hug every time I go and that means a lot.

Going VT tomorrow at 1 PM. We'll be seeing Karen. Mary Lou didn't feel up to guests.

Haven't talked with Trudy today. She's still in the hospital.

No comments: