Monday, January 20, 2014

Hoilday

It was a holiday so we didn't have exercise. Martin Luther King, Jr holiday.  I slept late and then went to Walmart for a few groceries. Read some in the new book I got from Amazon. Actually, I got two books and they were used but in great condition. The dust cover on one needed some repair but the book itself was pristine. I had just finished reading, When I Get Old, I Shall Wear Purple, and I searched the publisher on Amazon and found these two other books. So far the second book, I Am Becoming the Woman I've Wanted, isn't as good as the Purple book. I'm 2/3rd the way through it. The second book is, If I Had My Life to Live Over, I Would Pick More Daisies. They are about women who have aged. They're short stories and poems. I bought one for my Kindle, Over Seventy, but it was a short book in semi-verse and I was disappointed it was so short. I didn't much like it, though.  So I didn't do much of anything today. Tomorrow, Mr Rooter is coming to replace the pipe under the road. I'll have to stay around home because they will probably want to be paid after they do the work like the time the line was unstuck to the bathroom. I was expecting a bill from the company, but the young man who did the work wanted to be paid then. I guess it would be easy to get the work done and then not pay the bill. Doesn't matter, pay now or later.

No comments: