Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lab Test

We went to the Athens-Limestone hospital to get a test done to be sent to Dr Phillip's office. The hospital waiting area was full and I felt uncomfortable about germs. Where do sick people go except to the hospital. We didn't have to wait long. He had to get his calcium level tested. We take Citracal tabs and drink 3 glasses of milk a day plus eating a meal of cottage cheese once or twice a week. We get our calcium levels taken because we get the shot, Prolia, that treats for weak bones.

I finished re-reading the anthology, When I Am Old, I Shall Wear Purple. Being older, I appreciated it more. Since I am older, 71, I wear bright tennis shoes. They happen to be in style and I like them. Would I wear them if they weren't in style? Probably. Being older makes you not care about what other people think.  I found three books about old women on Amazon that I ordered. One was for the Kindle and the other two are hard cover or paper backs. I'll get them Saturday.

We had the electricity off for 1 1/2 hours today. The telephone pole between Bobby's and our house needed replacing and the power had to go off. We share a transformer and the men got everything shifted alright. We sat and ate our Burger King lunch while the lights were out. The birds seemed a little nervous about it but they were okay.

No comments: