Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cooking

Today was my day  to take food to Karen. I baked a devil's food cake, iced it with Cool Whip and sprinkled Heath bar nuggets on top. I cooked some sausage and added a can of dirty rice mix to it. It was too salty but I hope she can eat it. I made some mashed potatoes with butter. I had never tried this kind of potato flakes and they were very good. Idaho, yellow buttery potatoes that really tasted fine. I will have to get some more. They came in a 4 serving pouch. I took the food, visited and came home and fixed lunch for us.

Bro Toone and 2 of the priests came out and pruned my Crape Myrtles and Butterfly bushes this afternoon. The 2 priests were 16 year old boys and they all worked so hard. They carried all the cuttings to the burn pile and even said they would come out and burn them for us. I could get some hot dogs and marshmallows and we could have a party. I guess we'll burn the pile in the spring.
I carried the big hose out to the shed and the boys put it in the shed for me. My leg is hurting now. I really shouldn't be doing stuff like that, not now anyway. It's been a year tomorrow that I had my second surgery done.

Mary Kate and family called and sang happy birthday to me. Trudy emailed me last night-morning and Frankie will probably send a birthday card late. That's okay. I accept all cards, early or late. My dear friend Kathy always sends me a card. I really appreciate her and her ability to remember everyone's special days.

After exercise, I'll take Frank to the hospital to get a calcium test done that his Dr in H'ville wants. I don't know why their lab couldn't do it. The weather has moderated and it isn't as cold as it's been so it won't be a bad trip.

No comments: