Monday, January 6, 2014

Brrrrrr

It was 13 degrees F. this morning when I went to the senior center for exercise. Not many people came it was so cold. The senior center fixed meals and had those 60 and over take one or two so the food wouldn't spoil. I got 4, one for Frank and me and 2 for Karen. The food was pretty good and was filling.

After exercise, I went out to visit Karen. I took her some chocolate and some oranges and taught her how to cut a hole in the top of the orange and suck the juice out and then turn the orange inside out and eat the innards. She hadn't ever eaten an orange like that. I vacuumed the floors and loaded the dish washer for her. She can get around pretty good in the wheelchair but she can't run the vacuum or take out the garbage. The Walker's were bringing food for her this afternoon. I take food over Thursday and we will celebrate my birthday then too. I'll make the cake that Trudy made for us. Chocolate devil's food with a cool whip topping with crushed Heath bars on top of that. It is really good.

I came home and snoozed a bit in the recliner and then got up and cooked some fresh veggies for supper. The BCS bowl game between Florida State and Auburn is on now. B-bowl,  C-champion, S-series. I want Auburn to win, but I don't know who will.

Tomorrow, I'll probably go to Goody's and take back the flannel shirt that was too large. Don't know if I'll get another shirt or not. I don't need any clothes and one more flannel shirt for Frank would be good. The ones he has are old.

Heard from Frankie tonight. It was cold in Knoxville today and they had about 1" of snow. The schools are closed tomorrow. It will probably be colder here tomorrow. I have a black part- down coat
that I got out of the basement closet to wear today. It has a hood and is warm in this weather. I'm ready for Spring already.

No comments: