Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mr Rooter

We waited all day to hear from the Mr Rooter company. In the afternoon, I called them and the lady said that they had us down for Sunday but since we were backed up, she moved us to today and said they would call when they were ready to come out. We got the call at 5 PM. A young man by the name of Josh came and found the septic tank and dug it out with a shovel. The tank was okay but the line coming from the house was blocked up. He did the rooter thing and eventually the tub and the toilet drained. He said that the road around the house ran over the line or pipe and had squashed the line. That the rooter had a hard time getting under the road and then it ran free. He suggested a procedure that would install new pipe and would fix it so it would never back up into the house again. About a $550-650.00 job. It would be worth it to guarantee no more back ups. We'll cogitate on it.  Frank's toilet overflowed when he flushed it, so I used 6 towels getting up the water from the floor. Monday, I'll be washing towels all day. I have the rugs in the washer now. I was afraid to use it, the washer, while things were stopped up. I'll take care of them before I go to bed. Then Monday, I'll have to clean and disinfect the bathroom in the basement. Water was everywhere in there and coming out the bathroom door. Oh, the joys of being on a septic tank.

No comments: