Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cold weather

It's a cold, blustery day today. I needed to go into town. I had two boxes of music to send to Kayla. She might as well have it now since she's still practicing and learning new music. When I die, she might not be interested in it.

I stopped by Dr Walker's office to pick up an Rx and talk to the girl that does the books at Westside. Our payment wasn't recorded and our bill for this month is $400.00 something. I never forget to pay the pharmacy or anybody else. One time I forgot to hit the "pay" key and the bills didn't get paid at all that month. I haven't made that mistake ever again.

I had to take 4 watches back to Walmart. I got them for Frank to look at but he didn't like any of them. That was $96.00 I got put back on my card. As I was doing that transaction, I heard my name called out on the store loud speaker. I was puzzled and went to customer service. I met Wanda there. She had called Frank and he had said I was there. She had made a cake for my birthday and had it in her car. We sat and visited for a while. I had to go back into Walmart to buy some fresh veggies and some food to take to Karen's the 9th. I got her a box of chocolates and I'm going to make a cake that Trudy made for our anniversary that was very good. It's a dark chocolate cake with Cool Whip on top and then Heath bars crushed up and sprinkled on top of that. It's really good.

The weather was cold and windy. Wanda said it was to get to 9 degrees by the weekend. Burrrrr! That's too cold for the deep South. I'm glad we got the gas heater fixed in the basement.

I have two new pieces of music to practice on. I worked on them this afternoon for about an hour.

The Sugar Bowl is on tonight. Alabama plays Oklahoma, I think. The Duke and Texas A&M game was good and A&M won. Watching the bowl games has been fun.

Mary Kate called about 9:30 this morning saying that they had just dropped the kids off at Richard's brother and they were headed for the ship for the cruise to the Bahamas.

No comments: