Friday, June 18, 2010

Visit Over

Mary Kate and the kids left from Trudy's house today. We had taken separate cars over to Trudy's so Mary Kate could leave from there and go the back roads home. She was at Boaz when I called her to ask if she wanted me to mail her some papers she had left.

While at Trudy's, Mary Kate and Sophia made a necklace. They had to leave it there with Trudy because the necklaces needed to dry and have the beals put on. We all left when Mary Kate left. Trudy to town and I came home. Dad had been asleep when I left and I wanted to get home to check on him.

While cleaning the bird cages, Dad put new "sheets" on Rosko's nest. He had a new toy and he chewed all of the wooden blocks off of it and left little splinters of wood all in his nest. I never thought he liked to chew that much, but he hadn't had a new toy in a very long time. His nest is a plastic flower pot that fits into his cage. It has a perch secured on the back rim and a hand towel sewn so that it will fit into the nest. He goes into his nest anytime he wants. Sometimes, I look over to see what he's up to and can't see him. I get closer and see his tail sticking straight up. His head is down in the nest and the rest of him is hidden from view. He's an important member of our family.

Thursday, we stayed home and just visited. Grampie and the kids played and watched movies. They are making lots of great memories with their Grampie!

No comments: