Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oh-h-h-h

I didn't want to go but I had to go. It was dark, dank and dismal and I finally made the first descending step, holding on the the bannister's bar tightly for fear of falling. I had already thrown the load down into the darkness and all that was left was for me to follow. Gingerly, I stepped lightly, not wanting to fall. Finally, I was at the bottom step. All I needed now was to pick up my load and make my way to the back of the house. It was dark and cold but I made the trip.

Next, I had to stuff the load into the hole. I finally got it all in and then the decision came...hot or cold? I choose hot and then cold. I could have it both ways. Finally, with the twist of my wrist the hot water cascaded into the hole and finally my job was done. I swiftly made it back to the bottom step and hurriedly made my way back into the light. Another load of laundry done!

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

ha ha ha! I was trying to figure out what you were doing. At first I thought you were carefully walking down the front steps that had ice on them! ha!

glad the witch that lives down in the darkness didn't get you! Or her little men that live in the stairwell. They have little nets that they try to throw on you so you have to make it down fast! And the witch doesn't like light or singing so on your way down the stairs you sing and then flip the light on right away and you are safe! now....going up the stairs is tricky because you have to turn the light off and then race up the stairs singing so she doesn't get you from behind!!!

i think my fears came from sleeping in the hallway wishing for those promised walls;)