Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cloudy Saturday

The paper said that we had met our rain total and now we weren't in drought conditions. That's good, but I'm tired of the grey skies. Grey, gray, the computer says "grey" is misspelled.

We got the truck running. It seemed like something was draining the battery and causing it to go dead all the time. Frank checked it with some instrument and found out where some of the drains were. I drove it into town today. That was my second trip into town. I had gone earlier to finish buying the presents for my brother's Christmas get together. Trudy and the kids were going but she has a Dr. appointment she can't miss.

My house, kitchen, is a wreck! We have three coolers sitting on the floor. The refrigerator and freezer are open. Every time I glance over, I want to shut the doors but no need to! Tuesday, the men from Sears will come and fix the compressor. I will be gone all day so I won't have to put up will all of the confusion that will be going on in my house! We'll have the move the birds into my room with the door shut, for there will be soldering going on and the birds don't need to breathe in those fumes .

I'm taking two old typewriters to my brothers. One belonged to my mother. She would sit on the couch and type letters once a year to her friends. The other typewriter belonged to my mothers sister, Aunt Edna. I used to use the larger one to type school papers on . Wow! How times have changed! I'm getting rid of two old typewriters and my brother is becoming owner of two old machines! At on time, he said he wanted them.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

Now...I just wrote a comment and blogger deleted it!

sorry about the chaos in your house! maybe your post tonight will be "ahhhh...back to normal" as the title!

Good to hear Bubba will have all the kids and craZy sister for Christmas;) can't wait to hear about it!