Monday, December 22, 2008

Escape Again

I did my usual escape act this morning and didn't get going until 10:00 AM. I piddled around and bugged Dad about getting ready to go to the lab. He was busy on the computer seeing if he needed any more tests and finding out when Sears was coming to fix the compressor in the refrigerator. We got a call tonight saying they would be by between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM. That pretty much gets it!

Tonight, Frank vacuumed behind the refrigerator and he cleaned off the top, too. I couldn't reach it. The top wasn't as nasty as previous tops. If I can't see the dirt, I don't go looking for it.
I cleaned out the refrigerator and it looks like new. Hopefully, by the time I get home, it will be working and cooling just fine. But it will be empty. Maryleen brought by some ground round and we ate some for supper and I put the rest in the big freezer in the basement.

My neighbor, Brenda Adams, sent over a big chunk of jam cake today. It's like fruit cake and was very good! Brenda is our chief angel who watches over us and her husband, Bobby, cleared out our woods for us and cut a broken limb off the apple tree that had a lot of apples on it. We have good neighbors.

I will get up at 6:00 AM and start getting ready to go to my brother's house. I have a box of empty jars for Ruth and I have a slew of gifts for the nephews and nieces. It will be a fun time. I hope to get there around 10:00. I want to beat Bill, my brother's oldest son, because the other times I went, he and his family were already there and I can tell him I beat him there! Just a small ho-ho for the Christmas season! I'm sorry to leave Frank but he can't travel.

1 comment:

Service Care said...

Happy Holidays, and I hope your refrigerator is working again.