Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Gathering

A good time was had by all! Katie and Harrison (great nephew) couldn't come for Harrison had the flu. Ruth had a nice lunch fixed and after lunch we opened the gifts. I didn't realize that Jim and Tammy's two girls would be there so I didn't have anything for them but they did get some presents. My brother gave me two polished rocks of fossilized wood and a spider pin with two pretty dark stones for the body and gold legs and some kind of light colored rocks (polished) for eyes. I left at 4 PM.

The Sears man got the refrigerator running but didn't stay long enough to see if it would cool! It cooled down to 50 degrees before it stopped. So we're back to walking up and down the stairs to replace the bottles of ice for the coolers. Today, we went to Rent To Own and rented a refrigerator to be delivered Friday. What a joy it will be to be able to have a refrigerator again! We surely take for granted our modern conveniences. At least, my refrigerator is clean even if it won't cool!

No comments: