Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday the 19th

I found out another nephew and his wife will be at my brother's Christmas party so now I have to buy two more gifts. I'll go out tomorrow and get them. My knees have been hurting so much lately that I don't want to go anywhere. The one store is not too far to walk and if I stay away from Walmart, I'll be okay. I'll go to Russell Stover's to get one of the gifts. I may pay more but I won't have to walk like I would at Walmart and then it might be that Walmart wouldn't have what I want.

I got another small cooler to put my medicine in. I was worried that the temperature would fluctuate too much as the lid on the larger cooler was lifted. I have several frozen bottles in the cooler as the source of cold. I misstated the time we would be without a refrigerator. The repairman will come Dec. 23. All in all, we will have been without refrigeration for 5 days. It's the pits!

Tonight, we found that the large cooler leaked! I think we found it in time that the floors weren't hurt. Dad took the plug out and found out why it leaked. He fixed it but we aren't putting loose ice in it, only frozen bottles. I guess I'll go shopping and buy some one serving meals so we won't have left overs. Dad stills wants his beans. We packed one serving sizes in Ziploc bags and that worked, but a pound of cooked beans might be too much for a cooler. Oh, well. I've got to cook the beans now because they are already soaking.

No comments: