Thursday, December 18, 2008

Adventuresome Day

Just when you thought it was safe to go into the water....The refrigerator's compressor died today. Dad called Sear's and some man came out and checked it. We think the compressor is still under warranty so it shouldn't cost too much. I have medicine that has to be cooled at all times and that's been a worry. I went to the Dollar store and bought 3 bags of ice (they cost $2.00 a bag!) and got two coolers from downstairs to put the ice in.We put the milk and some other food in the big cooler and didn't get the smaller cooler ready until tonight when Dad said ALL of the food had to be out of the refrigerator. I have lot of bottles of dressing and ketchup, etc. on the table to be thrown away and the trash has already gone out! We might be two weeks like this! All we need is a tent in the living room to make this camping trip fun.

I have to go to exercise class tomorrow for I missed Mon. and Wed. The people are so nice and they worry about you if you miss too much. I really like it when I'm there but it takes me getting up at 7:00 AM and putting on make-up and getting dressed and feeding Dad and then getting out the door by eight or some time after that. I feel rushed (wa-a-a-h, wa-a--ah) but I do enjoy going or being there.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

This is so terrible! I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. It is such an inconvience to have a fridge or freezer to go out. We really take for granted the conviences of our day! I hope the part is still under warranty!

I love you more than you want the trash man to come again!