Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gloomy Day, Stormy Night

It was overcast all day today and the wind was blowing. I could see the storm clouds blowing in but it didn't begin raining until about 6: 15 PM. I was on my way over to Karen's house for scripture study. The rain really began coming down. Ken loaned me an umbrella and I really needed it. I drove 45 mph on Hy 72 and had the wipers on high. I saw lightening but heard no thunder. Dad said he heard the thunder at home. We need the rain so I don't mind the inconvenience of it all.

I didn't feel like going to Sam's today. I was just anxious about all the news of the economy. I do want to buy more canned goods but I guess today wasn't the day. I just washed clothes and made some potato salad and did houses work today.

Dad's working on weighing the things he's sending to the troops. He's sending some batteries and some magazines and other stuff. Maybe he'll have someone pick the package up at the house because I don't want to have to go back to the P.O. again and stand in line forever.

No comments: