Monday, July 14, 2008

To Jasper

I got up at 5:00 AM this morning and left the house at 6:00 to get to my brother's house by 7:00. Since we were traveling in the Meata (sports car) with the top down, we wanted to get a jump on the heat. We drove to Walker Co., where Jasper is located, and found the cemetery and were able to fine the grave site of my grandfather and grandmother Palmer and my uncle and aunt Palmer. I took pictures and then we drove some more to mu brother's friend's house. After that, we drove to Northport, which is a suburb of Tuscaloosa where the campus of the University of Alabama is. We both graduated from there and we drove around the campus. Things had changed so much I barely recognized any thing! We went to see the house where my brother used to live in Tuscaloosa, and then on home. I had about 40 minutes to drive before I got home and I was tired! It was a good day.

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

I was going to call you this morning, but MK reminded me of your trip. I'm glad you had a great time with your bro. I'm sure Frankie and I will be doing the same kind of trips in the far, far, far, far,....future!

TheVillamorFamily said...

I love that you can spend time with your brother. You share more in common than your knocked knees! ha! glad you had fun!