Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cancer Meeting Tonight

I went to the Wellness Ctr. for the therapy pool. I went around 1:30 PM thinking no one else would be there. There was only one person, a very large man. The water in the pool was very deep and the man was in the space I wanted (I imagine the water is a bit shallower there) so I had to move on out toward the middle of the pool. The side of the pool says 3'9'', but the water was up to my chin when I was flat footed! I couldn't walk using my heel-I was tip toeing when I walked, so I figured I wasn't doing the exercises right and wouldn't get the benefit of the exercise, so I got out after 15 min. I took a shower so I wouldn't smell like cholorine.

The cancer support group meets every 4th Tue. There were 9-10 ladies there and two were new. The time went fast because it was so interesting. We even went 30 min. over, but everyone had a good time. Mary Lou Hill goes now also.

Frank had fevers today. He thinks it's because the cereal he's been eating has vitamins in it. Allen Bros. sent us an advertisement for meat and I think we're going to order some. Our meals lack the protein we need and red meat provides lots of protein (plus fat,etc.)

I've started driving 55 MPH instead of 60. Maybe I can save some gas by driving slower. I see Dr. Sharp this Thursday. The Effexor has really made a big difference in the way I feel. I'm glad I feel better and don't have the mood swings like I did.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

glad you have another familiar face at the cancer meetings!

good job on going to the wellness center! 15 minutes in the pool is better than nothing!

Luke and Kayla are coming for a visit tomorrow. I am meeting Rachel somewhere above atlanta in the evening and then again on Tuesday to return them home. Everyone is looking forward to it.