Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Middle of the Week

I went into town for the exercise class. I could tell I hadn't done those movements in a week! After the exercises, I came on home. I colored some file folder pictures. Karen came over at 1:00 PM and I finished up with my second game and we went to the Off Campus Book Store to get them laminated. Karen had some to get laminated too. After that, we went to this new store, Rue something or another, and I bought a purse that will act as a bag to carry the file folder games in. The tag said it was $9.99 but it rang up for $5.00! Then we came home and she showed me how to put the velcro on the folders. It was pretty simple! I sure wish the coloring wasn't so tedious (I think I've said that somewhere before...).

The Primary lesson is on Gratitude and one of the helps for the lesson said to talk about pets and how we are grateful for them. I decided the children would be grateful for birds! I cut out lots of pictures of birds from our bird catalogs (I thought children's scissors would have a hard time cutting the thin paper). I've got some card stock for the kids to glue the bird pictures to and I've got some pictures of our birds for them to look at. Plus, I have a real bird feather to give them. I think I'll add a basket to the large load I take to church each Sunday and we can toss the bean bags into the basket and tell what we are grateful for.

No comments: