Saturday, July 12, 2008

Card Party

After having family here for 5 days, I hadn't checked my e-mail. I had 60 e-mails! One was Mary Rager telling about the card party today. It was from 10:00-12:00 PM. There were 6 ladies there and it was a bit wild for me, as I'm a bit slower than some of them. We made 4 beautiful cards. I'll never take the time to make such entailed cards, but it is fun to do.

Dad was still sick to his stomach today. I went into town to Westside Pharmacy to see what they had for nausea. I got some medicine and two small bottles of blue cap Maalox. The medicine didn't help, so I went into town to Herbs and More and got a bottle of homeopathic pills and a box of saltines. The homeopathic meds worked. We ate a bowl of noodles without the hot seasonings and they were good. I finished off the blueberry pancakes I made for breakfast and finished that off with some blueberries! The blueberries turn my mouth purple and I have to brush my teeth really good to get rid of all the purple! I also gave a card to Dad to apologize for some unkind words I said.

I hope I'm ready for my Primary lesson tomorrow. The lesson is about saying "Thank You". I've made thank you cards for them to color and I made some salt dough for them to make something to put by their beds to remind them to be thankful for all the Lord has done for them. I've got lots of file folder games for the extra time I'll have. I've also got stories from the Friend I can tell. Surely, I'm ready!

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

I wouls love to attend one of these card-making parites with you. Maybe when school starts back, I can ride down to play with you one of these parties.