Wednesday, July 16, 2008


This is the car we drove to Jasper in and I can't spell it's name-Miata, maybe?

Yesterday I drove into town early, around 10:00 AM, and gas was 3.99 a gallon. I went back into town at 12:15 PM and gas was 4.05 a gallon! I needed about 1/2 a tank but do you think I stopped earlier to fill up? NO! I only lost about 30 cents but that will add up.

Went to exercise today and walked about 30 Min. before the exercise began. After that, I went to Wal*Mart (I saw it spelled this way, with a little star between words on a Wal*Mart truck) to get some groceries. I also found a pair of pants and matching top for $6.00 each and I got Dad a nice looking pair of shorts. Of course they are going back (too thick) but I already have a few items to go back so that doesn't matter. We found a pair of shorts in his closet that he can wear since I set the button over so he can have more room in the waist (you know how clothes shrink in the dryer...). It would be nice to see him in newer lounging pants. Some of his pants look really old. Of course, they are the most comfortable ones.

Trudy and her family are going on vacation tonight. They will travel to LaGrange, GA to stay with Mary Kate and Richard and then they plan to see some of Atlanta, I believe. They will have a fun time. School starts Aug. 6, I heard on the radio. We didn't have to go back to school until after Labor Day in Sept! And we didn't get as many breaks as they do. Maybe we did, but they were called something else.

No comments: