Sunday, July 6, 2008

Good Sabboth

My Primary class was good. I only had four children but the activities I planned were well received. The lesson was on Gratitude and the children were to draw something they were grateful for. I decided for them-they were grateful for birds! I cut out lots of bird pictures from catalogs and gave each one a sheet of card stock and they picked out the pictures they liked and glued them to the card stock. I also had real bird feathers to give them. They liked the feathers for they didn't loose them in the room! We did some bean bag toss and told things they were grateful for. I was less stressed out today and really enjoyed it.

I finished the last of 6 file folder games. I have four to laminate and can take them to church with me for my next lesson. I also ordered three file folder books with games already laminated and ready to go. I'll never have to color another file folder game again!

Mary Kate the the kids were here when I got home from church. It was good to see them. They had spent the day and night with Trudy and her family. We're going to the Space and Rocket Center some day, maybe tomorrow. Sophia is SO excited about going!

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

Glad MK arrived home safely with you. Have fun at the Space and Rocket Center. Not sure if we are goig. I really want it to be a day where George can go with our family. My first lesson in YW wernt very well. I just love my young women!

JT's Mommy said...

One of your students showed me her picture and feathers after church. She was really excited about her feathers and said that they came from her teacher's bird. It was so cute. I was wondering if you were her teacher :)