Sunday, July 13, 2008

Good Sabboth Day

I was a bit late in finishing the preparation for my Primary lesson so I finished it off Fri. and Sat.
Since my kids are 4-6 yrs. old, the lesson is just something that has to get done before the fun stuff starts. Today the lesson was on saying ,"Thank You". One of the extra helps said to make salt dough and the kids could make a bowl or something to make them remember to say thank you to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Well! The dough really was a keeper! The kids (all 4 of them) loved the salt dough. They weren't very original in what they made but they enjoyed it. I made a bowl by making a snake and wrapping it around itself and then making a bottom for it. Then, I made a bird's nest and put little eggs in it. I spent the rest of class making nests and eggs for everybody and then I had to make a bird to sit on the eggs. That took up 30 minutes and we ended the class with the dough. They all took it home with them. I had a little left and Cathryn told her older brother,age 6, about it and he came for the rest of the dough. I was glad to give to him the left over dough and he even said thank you!

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

So glad that your class went well today. Playdough will get their attention everytime! It still gets mine!